The latest trend in Albania is the arrival of a foreign investor who wants to establish a major agro-industrial tourism park. This company has been doing business in different countries around the world, especially in the Mediterranean region. They have managed to attract investors from the USA, Australia, and other European countries. These companies plan to invest millions of dollars in the establishment of industrial parks with high technology solutions.
This project was announced at the end of February 2018 and since then it has received great interest from different parts of the Albanian economy. There are currently discussions taking place between local government officials and representatives of this company.
The park will not only benefit local businesses but they expect that many tourists will visit the area due to its modern facilities. The investment that they have planned is expected to create over 5 thousand jobs for workers.
- Cannabis has been legalized in Albania since 2017.
- There are currently over 1,000 registered medical marijuana growers in Albania.
- Medical marijuana can only be used to treat certain conditions such as chronic pain, nausea, glaucoma, PTSD, anxiety, depression, epilepsy, muscle spasms, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s disease, insomnia, and many others.
- The government plans to expand the number of registered medical marijuana growers from 1,000 to 10,000 by 2020.
- The Albanian government has set aside €20 million to fund research into medicinal cannabis.
- A study conducted at the University of Medicine in Tirana revealed that CBD oil could help reduce symptoms of arthritis.
Albania has been struggling financially and economically since the fall of communism in 1991. This crisis was exacerbated after the global economic crash and the 2008 banking crisis hit Albania hard. In February 2014, the government resigned due to political instability and corruption. Since then, Albanians have protested against the government in hopes that they can improve their standards of living. Recently, Albania legalized medical marijuana cultivation as a way to help mitigate its financial hardships. As an alternative cash crop, this move could prove beneficial in creating jobs for the people of this small country while providing them with much-needed medicine at the same time.
This video features footage from Aljaz Topa, a local Albanian who has been cultivating legal marijuana for many years.
Video edited by Amelia Cervantes
Voice over by MichaelChernushevich
Featuring original music by Jason Shaw (www.shawamusic.com)
Footage based on fact. No dramatization or animation.
Cannabis has been used for centuries for medicinal purposes and recreational use. Today, medical marijuana is legal in many countries around the world. Some states have legalized its recreational use while others have not. However, the latest trend in Albania is that of legalizing cannabis for both medicinal and recreational use. This article looks at the history of cannabis in Albania, how it can be used medically, and what the future holds for this herb.
2. Medical Marijuana
Medical marijuana is becoming increasingly popular throughout the United States. There are currently 29 states where medical marijuana is legal. Many people who suffer from chronic pain, cancer, and other ailments find relief through the use of medical marijuana. Some even claim that they no longer need their prescription medications due to the positive effects of medical marijuana.
3. Legalization Of Recreational Use
Albania is now considering the legalization of the recreational use of cannabis. If passed, Albania would become the second country in Europe after Croatia to legalize the recreational use of marijuana. The Albanian government hopes that legalization will help curb the illegal trade of cannabis. They believe that legalization would also reduce crime rates and drug-related deaths. Load more
1. Cannabis has been used for medicinal purposes since ancient times.
2. Albanian people have been using this herb for medical reasons since antiquity.
3. There are many types of cannabis strains that can help treat different ailments.
4. Some of these strains include:
Everything You Need To Know About Albania.
The Republic of Albania is located in Southeastern Europe, just south of Greece and north of Italy and Yugoslavia. With its location between two busy seas; the Mediterranean Sea in the west and the Adriatic Sea in the east, Albania offers great potential for tourism and trade from its shores.
However, Albania has been faced with challenges that have delayed the progress of industrialization and modernization. Despite this, it is a country of beauty, rich history, and natural treasures. From its capital, Tirana, to the coastal region in the southwest, the magnificent landscapes are dotted with ancient castles, medieval towns, monasteries, and tranquil beaches. To the northeast lies Shkodra, where a visit to the old town reveals impressive monuments and museums worth seeing. To the southeast, the Albanian Alps offer unspoiled alpine scenery after which the people take pride.
Albania shares borders with Montenegro, Macedonia, Kosovo, Greece, and Italy. Its coastline is about 1,700 kilometers long and is bordered by the Adriatic Sea to the east, the Ionian Sea to the west, and Skanderbeg Channel to the north. In addition, Albania has many national parks and nature reserves that protect the unique biodiversity of the area. Some of these include Lake Ohrid, Mavrovouni National Park, Mountainous Preserve Nature Reserve, Korça Mountains National Park, and Buna River Canyon Wildnerness Reserve.
Albania’s economy is still dependent upon agriculture, while small-scale industries provide additional employment opportunities, especially in the northern cities like Durres and Vlora. This is due largely to a highly skilled workforce and cheap labor force that can be drawn from smaller villages.
One of the biggest issues facing Albania today is corruption. Corrupt officials continue to siphon off public funds and cause business owners to pay exorbitant amounts of money to get things done. As a result, many foreign investors are reluctant to invest in Albania. However, some progressive businesses are taking advantage of the economic freedom that was achieved through the transition period and are working to make Albania an attractive place for investment.
In 2014, the unemployment rate stood at 17 percent, making it one of the highest rates in the European Union. Still, despite a high level of poverty and unemployment, Albania boasts many success stories. One of them is Albanian Airlines, which was established in 1946 and is operating domestic flights since 1992.
What’s trending in Albania right now
1. Lush – A plant-based beauty brand that just launched its line of products for women. They are the first company of its kind to create 100% vegan cosmetics with no animal testing.
2. Nettle – This herb has been used since ancient times, but only started becoming popular in the mid-2000s. Since then, it gained popularity due to the discovery of the cancer-fighting properties of the plant.
3. Cannabis – In 2014, Albanian citizens voted overwhelmingly to legalize medical marijuana. This resulted in a massive boom of growers opening up shop across the country—and we were lucky enough to partner with one of them to bring you these amazing CBD oil pens!
4. Biodiesel & Bioenergy – With nearly half of the world’s population living without access to electricity, renewable energy sources are a necessity. We spoke to a local inventor who invented a system that turns seawater into freshwater using bioenergy.
5. Blockchain – As many people know, blockchain technology is the core piece needed for cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum to operate. But did you know that blockchain was originally developed to help companies track provenance? Thanks to this innovation, companies can now trace their raw materials back to the farm.
6. Cleaning Products – We asked a few locals what they use to clean their home, car, and themselves. One of our favorite finds was a coconut soap recipe. We love how you don’t need any additional equipment, plus the scent is incredible.